Live on Stage
Incorporate live instruments into an Ableton Live performance
Whether you’re a singer, an instrumentalist, or a producer looking to collaborate with other musicians, we’re committed to giving you all the tools you need to make your dream live performance a reality!
Learn from a Pro
Who you learn from matters. Michael Fraser brings more than a decade of experience helping musicians excel at live performance.
Instant, lifetime access to the entire course.
Meet your Teacher
For several years now, Michael has been teaching violin, DJing, and Ableton Live at Prussin Music in Vancouver, B.C., at the School of Remix, and via private lessons. Michael has helped many of his students discover and develop their own musical performances. Michael’s teaching method is a combination of traditional instruction and self-directed learning.
As a performer, Michael has had the pleasure of performing in countries all over the world, and graced the stage at festivals such as Shambhala, Astral Harvest and Atmosphere.
Learn by Doing
This course will give you every tool you need so you can jam with your instrument seamlessly while performing Live, either on-stage or while recording in the studio, and with other musicians.
Your course includes Michael’s personal Ableton Live performance template & Michael's build up ready effects Racks.
Michael will teach you all the tools necessary for incorporating live instruments into an Ableton Live performance during a LIVE 4 hour interactive webinar session!
Preview the Course
What You’ll Learn
Building Your Live Performance Template
- Finding all necessary drivers
- Setting up tracks
- Setting up Groups / busses
- Setting up Return Tracks
- Staying organized (color coding etc.)
- Configuring I/O
- Setting your buffer size & latency
- Testing out specialty DI box vs. regular DI box
- Testing out various microphones
- Testing out preamps
- Balancing your input levels
Starting A Jam
- Selecting a song in a suitable genre/style
- Finding a tempo that works for you
- Determining the key of your song
- Determining the scale of your song
- Using the song’s scale to improvise
Clip Mode For Jamming
- Basic functions of clip mode
- How to jam using clip mode
- Discover how looping works
- Using an external midi device to cue looping
- Using loops as new clips in clip-mode
- Integrating live looping and clips
- Eliminating feedback using a Graphic EQ
- Understanding the difference between Graphic EQ and Parametric EQ
- Utilizing a Parametric EQing style to create creative frequency contours
- Adding presence to a live instrument using compression
- Eliminating unnecessary noise using a gate.
Adding Colour FX – Echo, Phase, Distortion, Filter, Combos
- Utilizing Echo as a background, rhythmic and 'trippy' effect
- Using Echo to create a build up
- Utilizing Phase as a subtle effect or to enhance a buildup
- Cranking your Phase and sound like your performing underwater or from outer space
- Using Distortion to create presence & to overdrive your sound
- Using Auto Filter envelopes with your live instrument
- Utilizing Auto Filter LFO with your live instrument
- Avoiding feedback with resonance using Auto Filter
- Using Auto Filter to cut out unwanted low end
- Sidechain Compressor effect
- Using a filter and an echo together
- Using a phase and distortion together
- Creating your own combination effects
- How to turn your live performance into a MIDI track that can be used with any virtual instrument!
What People Are Saying About Michael Fraser
"Every class I learned something new, and Michael always gave me the confidence to push myself forward. My classes were a memorable experience in my life and really brought me into music and were a great start to my career.”- Allen Wang, Ableton Live student
Our rock solid guarantee ensures your satisfaction. Refund or exchange this course for up to 60 days. Try it out, you have nothing to lose!
Your course will work on any device using a modern browser. Our videos and site are designed with mobile in mind. Watch and learn on the go from anywhere.
Your course will never expire. Lifetime access ensures you can watch at your own place, on your own time with no rush.
What skill level is this course?
All skill levels are welcome!
Is this course applicable to my genre?
In a word – yes. The techniques we teach can be applied universally to virtually any electronic music genre.
How long can I access this course and the webinar video recording?
You have access lifetime access to this course and the video recording.
Are there downloads included in this course?
- Michael’s personal Ableton Live performance template
- Michael’s build-up ready effect racks
- A copy of Michael’s latest productions “Django Style”, “Jump & Swing”, “LoverzZz”
How do I register for the webinar after purchasing?
We offer our interactive webinar's via a third-party platform called Webinar Jam. After purchasing the course you will be instructed on how to do this on the course page, in your My Library area. On this course page you will find the registration link on how to register for the webinars. If you are intending to attend the webinar you must follow these registration instructions to receive email reminders and reserve your seat for the webinar.
What if I don’t like the course?
We want you to be as excited about your course as we are. If for any reason you’re not 100% happy with it, we offer a no-hassle, no-BS, super easy 60 day satisfaction guarantee. Any time within the first 60 days after purchase we will refund your money.
What if I have trouble viewing the streaming video?
Can I download the video recording?
No, but you have full access to the recording after signing up. You can also access and view the video recording from virtually any mobile device.
Are there any system requirements?
Yes, a broadband internet connection and computer, smartphone or tablet are required to watch the videos and download the course materials.