A Big Leap Forwards for Us All
I’m unveiling something I’ve been eagerly anticipating for a very long time. I know that being a producer means spending a lot of long, solo hours in the studio. It can be isolating and, at times, anti-social.
As human beings we thrive on connection and relationships. There’s a huge benefit to connecting with people in real-time, especially with your fellow producers and more knowledgeable mentors. My vision is to have producers from all over the world, in different countries and time zones, all synced up in a single, seamless virtual classroom. Well, it’s here!
Over the past year, I’ve literally been reinvesting all of our cash-flow back into the company to build something that’ll give you exactly that type of connection. Warp Academy has just completed development of a cutting-edge, multi-camera, live-streaming studio and I’m ready to host our first large-scale, interactive stream.
I Want You to Succeed
It’s been a minute since I’ve personally hosted a course. During my hiatus from teaching, a veritable tornado of ideas and new inspiration has been bubbling up inside me. You have no idea how much new material I have to share with you and how passionately OBSESSED I am with your success as a producer.
In this new course, I’ll be dishing out everything I’ve learned over the past couple of years. All the new techniques, pro-tips, plugins, and workflow hacks. As usual, I’ll be holding NOTHING back and giving you the goods, straight-up, just as if you were in the studio with me.
Everything I’m going to share has been tried and tested in real projects, learned from actual experience, and actually produces RESULTS.
What Is It?
This brand new live-stream series is called The MOD Method.
It’s based on a philosophy I came up with in 2011, when I published a video called “5 Secrets to Writing Better Music Faster”. Since then, the video’s gone viral, with 349,376 views and 5,561 likes. It’s been shared, embedded and blogged about a TON of times, and even discussed in a more simplistic form on DJ TECHTOOLS in 2013 in an article they did called “3 Tips for Producing Music Faster.”
The MOD Method is a new approach, it’s a methodology, it’s a philosophy. It’s a highly-structured workflow designed just for you: the producers of tomorrow who do everything for themselves.
It’s a way of dividing and conquering each phase of the production process and outpacing other producers who work randomly and bounce around “multi-tasking” their way into minutia and stagnation.
Who’s It For?
The MOD Method is for you if you’ve already got a good handle on the basics and you’ve been producing for a while. This program is not for beginners. If you’re just getting started, check out our Ableton Live 9 Jumpstart course, the Producer Bundle or Synthesis 101.
Some of you diehards have been with me since the early days of my Youtube channel. Many of you are new and we’re just getting to know each other, so let me ask you a few very important questions:
- Have you been getting stuck with your tunes?
- Have you been having trouble staying inspired?
- Do you ditch partially complete songs and just start new ones?
- Do you find yourself getting lost in the details?
- Do you take FOREVER to finish a track or never finish anything at all?
- Are you unsure when a song is done or ready to mix?
- Do you feel overwhelmed with everything you need to do to write a song?
- Do you have trouble getting started?
If you answered yes to any of these, this course is for you.
What You’ll Learn
MOD means modular. In The MOD Method, I break down the music creation process into it’s components. You learn how properly break down your creative workflow so you never get stuck, never lose inspiration and always know exactly what to do next.
One of the key insights is that you need to get granular enough, to break things down into small enough chunks, so you don’t get overwhelmed. Over the years since I initially developed this, I’ve broken things down more clearly. Here are the phases:
- How the way most people start a song undermines their success
- How to develop an initial theme, idea, message and mood for your song
- How to pick your key, BPM, song length
- Secrets to creating in your mind before you ever enter the studio
- Sound Design
- The concept of a sonic palette
- The “Hybrid Approach” to production
- Creating your virtual band & selecting your arrangement
- Building an in-key, custom sample pack for your song
- Song Structure
- Reverse engineering hit songs
- Discovering your winning formula
- Using an energy heat map
- Where to start
- How to write chord progressions
- How to write melodies
- When and how to write drums
- Defining what is “core” and what is “detail”
- How to avoid getting lost in the detail
- When do you write and when do you polish
- How to get the sections of your song to flow
- When do you mix?
- How to get a perfect -6 dB headroom every time
- Advanced mixing techniques
- Essential mixing plugins
- When do you master?
- Do you self-master?
- Rough master vs. final master
- Do you mix into your mastering chain?
- Essential mastering plugins
- How loud do you go
What You Get
The MOD Method is a month’s worth of weekly, 3 hour live-streams. 12 hours of total training with interactive Q&A. The dates are:
- Session 1: Concept & Sound Design – Tues May 30: 6:00-9:00pm PST
- Session 2: Song Structure & Composition – Tues Jun 6: 6:00-9:00pm PST
- Session 3: Detail & Mixing – Tues Jun 13: 6:00-9:00pm PST
- Session 4: Mastering – Tues Jun 20: 6:00-9:00pm PST
- (Convert to your local time here.)
NOTE: The streams will be recorded and you’ll have lifetime access to them. If you miss one, or the time zone doesn’t match up, you can still sign-up.
Why is it a Month Long?
30 days is the exact amount of time it takes to build a new habit. Also, if you want to achieve that critical mass, that tipping point that yields the success you want with your music, you’re aiming for releasing a new song every month. If you’ve never written music at that pace before, this will be a good way to see what it’ll take.
How Much Does it Cost?
If you look at a lot of educational sites, you’ll see courses themed after many of these component subjects like “Mixing” for example. You’ll often see them priced anywhere from $50-$80 for a 3 hour course. They’re typically pre-recorded courses, with no live-interactive component.
The MOD Method is a fully interactive 12 hour course with live Q&A periods, so I could easily price it at $320 (4 x $80 per 3 hour session)
You may not know me personally, but I’m not in this to make bank at your expense. That’s why I left a high-paying corporate job, ditched the golden cage, and started Warp Academy. I do this for the love, and I feel truly blessed to be able to pass on the knowledge I’ve gained.
I’ve decided to make things more affordable for you and price The MOD Method at $156. That’s $39 a session, or $13 an hour of training. In exchange for this, I’ve packed more into this single course than I ever have in ANY previous course I’ve launched.
Buy with Confidence with our Iron-clad 60 Day Satisfaction Guarantee
Still on the fence? I’m so confident that this course will game-change your music that I’m willing to remove any possible downside for you. If this course doesn’t blow you away and deliver tons of improvements to your music, I’ll refund all your money. Our guarantee extends a full 60 days, twice what most companies offer.
Come sign up. You’ve literally got nothing to lose and everything to gain. When you register for The Mod Method you get:
- 60 Day Money Back Guarantee!
- Lifetime access to the Live-stream recordings!
- Student Discounts of 20-60% off our partners and third party plugin providers! (including Ableton Live software, FabFilter, iZotope, xFer’s Serum Synth, Cableguys and more!)
Vespers is an Ableton Live Certified Trainer focused on developing cutting-edge tutorials and online programs. He’s the CEO and co-founder of Warp Academy, one of three Ableton Certified Training Centers nationwide. His Youtube channel, is one of the most active Ableton-centric communities in the world. In addition to Ableton-related programs, he has also teamed up with industry heavy-weights such as Universal Audio, iZotope, FabFilter, Cableguys, FXPansion, and Sugar-Bytes to provide reviews and tutorials with their platforms.
Based out of Victoria, BC, Canada, Vespers also tours and performs, integrating live tenor sax and looping with future bass music to create a unique, jazz-influenced sound. He’s a regular at Canada’s infamous Shambhala Music Festival. His work has received support from producers such as Ill Gates, David Starfire, and Opiuo.