Date & Time: August 29, 2019 – 6:00pm (Pacific)/9:00pm (Eastern)
Convert to Your Local Time: http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/
Note: The live-stream will be recorded and you’ll have access to view it for 60 days following the event.
Producing with Slynk
We are very pleased to have an opportunity to learn from the one and only funk-master, Slynk! On August 29th, Slynk will take us through the project file of one of his newest tracks. This is an opportunity to learn composition, mixing and mastering techniques from a producer who’s been making waves in the scene since the beginning of his career and is now teaching at SAE in Vancouver.
Downloads Included: Ableton Project File from Slynk!
A bit of Slynk’s background
Naturally gifted with a musical ear, Evan aka Slynk flirted at first with a range of classical instruments including piano, guitar, and drums, but it’s when He started experimenting with sampling and sound design that the wheels were ultimately set in motions.
From his first gigs in an underground New York-inspired café in his hometown of Brisbane to his first International appearance at Shambala’s Fractal Forest, in 2009, 5 years had gone by 5 years spent refining his skills and experimenting and educating himself and his fans with mash-up productions of classic hip hop, ingrained with rare and funky, rhythmically savvy grooves.
With the overwhelming support and love from the world’s most respected funky breaks producers behind him, Slynk’s reputation has been growing strong with now numerous releases on several labels under his belt (Jalapeno Records, Goodgroove, and Discocakes just to name a few).
His timeless nufunk electro boogie bravado has met the public with an overwhelming enthusiasm, climbing the charts in more than one occasion as in the case of the robust bass treatment and hippunishing live drum swing He reserved for his rework of Ed Solo & Deekline’s “No No No!” that comfortably sat at number one in Juno’s best Selling Single Chart.
His fourth appearance at Fractal Forest in 2013 brought his unstoppable Forward Momentum to a new level with a set that not only constitutes his best credentials today but also consecrated his name to the West Coast Funk Nation.
Nothing more than another step in spreading his instantsmileprovokingsupreme’80sfunkflavored boogie, Slynk moved to British Columbia at the beginning of the summer of 2013 to complete his conquering of the New World and, as an Ambassador of Funk, he is now getting ready to share his love for music with the rest of the world.
How it Works
- This is a fully live-streamed event.
- On the stream, there will be chat and a live Q&A period.
- Once you sign up, you’ll get access to a private page in your My Library section of Warp Academy with all the info on how to access the stream.
- To access this page, login at Warp Academy, click My Library, go to My Live-Streams, then click on the live-stream. You’ll see all the extra info there.
- Once the live-stream is complete, you’ll get access to a recorded version you can watch for 60 days after to review the information.
- The recording will not be available for purchase after the stream is finished, so you need to sign up in advance.
- Note: This is not an online course with lifetime access to the videos. You’ll have access to the recording for 60 days following the live-stream. After that, the recording is no longer available. Make sure you watch the recording within 60 days.