During this 2-hour, Live-stream you’ll learn an assortment of production techniques that are crucial to re-creating the sound of Modern Hop-Hop.
Production Master, Ian Gallagher will use the included Project file and 10 custom Ableton Racks to demonstrate how to design modern sounds and patterns in this genre. By attending this live-stream and utilizing the free downloads, you’ll streamline your Modern Hip-Hop production workflow.
Downloads Included: Ableton Live 10 Project File + 10 Custom Ableton Racks
- How to create a knocking Kick/Sub instrument with Operator
– Techniques you can apply with any synth
– Trends in Distortion
– Do you even need a kick? (see “Pure Cocaine”)
– Program basic pattern
– Hihat Pitch and Volume Envelopes
- How to create the Lex Luger Snare
– Sound Breakdown
– Next level: how to make it your own
- Creating an eerie, haunted house Pluck lead
– Necessary devices
– Pattern programming
Date & Time: May 21, 2019 – 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM Pacific time / 9:00 – 11:00 PM Eastern time
Convert to Your Local Time: http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/
Note: The live-stream will be recorded and you’ll have access to view it for 60 days following the event.
How it Works
- This is a fully live-streamed event.
- On the stream, there will be chat and a live Q&A period.
- Once you sign up, you’ll get access to a private page in your My Library section of Warp Academy with all the info on how to access the stream.
- To access this page, login at Warp Academy, click My Library, go to My Live-Streams, then click on the live-stream. You’ll see all the extra info there.
- Once the live-stream is complete, you’ll get access to a recorded version you can watch for 60 days after to review the information.
- The recording will not be available for purchase after the stream is finished, so you need to sign up in advance.
- Note: This is not an online course with lifetime access to the videos. You’ll have access to the recording for 60 days following the live-stream. After that, the recording is no longer available. Make sure you watch the recording within 60 days.
A guitarist, drummer, and pianist since age 10, Ian Gallagher began producing in the mid-90s with an 8-track cassette recorder, drum machine, and outboard gear. He went on to study classical guitar at New York City’s Manhattan School of Music before deciding that production was his passion.
With his discovery of Ableton Live in 2007 (version 6) he began producing hip hop, house, and techno. Soon thereafter he joined Ableton’s Documentation Team in New York City where he worked for three years. Alongside a busy DJ schedule, Ian currently produces electro house as DJ IBG, and is half of the eclectic bass music group Gold Bikini.