Melodyne 4 essential
The entry-level Melodyne.
Melodyne 4 essential contains Melodyne’s Main Tool for the basic editing of pitch and timing, and offers a particularly simple and economical entry into the world of Melodyne. If you need more functions, you can upgrade any time to one of the larger editions simply by paying the difference in price.
- Grammy Award-winning Melodyne technology
- The algorithms “Melodic”, “Percussive” and “Universal”
- Melodyne’s Main Tool for pitch and timing
- Macros for pitch- and timing-correction as well as quantization
- Fully compatible: VST, AU, RTAS, AAX, Rewire
- Best possible integration through ARA Audio Random Access (depending upon the DAW)
- macOS and Windows, 32/64-bit
- Current version 4
What is Melodyne?
A tool like no other
Melodyne lets you work with audio in an entirely new way. One that is musical, nifty, crystal-clear and almost magical. Working with Melodyne is like being able to say to a singer “hold this note a bit longer” or to a pianist “give slightly less weight to the third in this chord” – hours, weeks, even years after the recording session.
The fantastic editing possibilities, the outstanding sound quality and the intuitive and musical operation make Melodyne an incomparable tool without which it would be hard to imagine modern music production.
Notes and tools
Notes are displayed in Melodyne in the form of “blobs” – the precise path traced by the pitch is indicated by the wavy line. With Melodyne’s tools, you can edit the notes directly and modify all important musical parameters. Just grab the notes, and you’ll find you can adjust their pitch, vibrato, volume, timing and much else besides in a highly intuitive manner.
- Notes not waveforms. Manipulate the notes, editing intonation, melodies and harmonies, rhythms, grooves, dynamics, formants and much else besides. Even with polyphonic instruments like the piano or guitar: each individual note!
- Multitrack Note Editing. See and edit the notes of multiple tracks simultaneously – turns the optimization of multi-track recordings into child’s play.
- Everything that counts musically. Melodyne detects the tempo, scale and tuning, letting you edit all important musical aspects of your material as comprehensively as the notes.
- Innovative sound design. Access the overtones in your recording directly, color and shape the sound in a unique way. From sophisticated equalization to way-out resynthesis.
- Compatibility and user-friendliness. Thanks to its cutting-edge technology and flexible interface, Melodyne adapts perfectly to your requirements. Whether as a plug-in in your DAW or as a stand-alone application.