I was really impressed with the cutting sound [of FabFilter One]! It seems perfect for my in-your-face style of music, with plenty of scope for tweaking sounds to create mayhem!
The filter is fed by an equally high-quality solid-sounding oscillator, developed from scratch to be completely aliasing-free. It features sawtooth, triangle, and square wave forms with pulse width modulation.
The oscillator and the filter can be modulated by the LFO and the EG. The LFO offers triangle and square wave forms, with adjustable wave balance so any wave form between sawtooth and triangle can be selected. The tempo can be synchronized to the host. The EG has the usual ADSR knobs, but with a perfectly fine-tuned feel. Also, it has an additional Hold setting that extends the time keys are held down.
What FabFilter One excels at is the attention to detail and fine-tuning that is visible throughout the plug-in. For example, the portamento feature doesn’t just slide from one note to another, but uses a carefully selected algorithm to make your playing more lively and give it just that little extra bit of magic.
Smart Parameter Interpolation handles changes to any of FabFilter One’s parameters, ensuring both responsiveness and smooth transitions. There are no annoying digital clicks and zipper effects, and even MIDI controller changes are handled perfectly smooth.
Naturally, the FabFilter One plug-in handles all parameter changes at sample accuracy and it can be used with arbitrary sample rates. All parameters are fully automatable within your favorite host and via MIDI Learn. The included help file describes all features of FabFilter One in detail, together with overviews and tutorials to create various types of sounds.
… need more options?
Need more sound design options? Try FabFilter Twin 2! With all the XLFOs, envelope generators, envelope followers and MIDI sources you will ever need, Twin 2 offers endless modulation possibilities. Setting up new modulation connections is easy with the drag-and-drop modulation matrix.
- Aliasing-free high quality oscillator with triangle, sawtooth, and square wave forms
- Fat and ultra-smooth self-oscillating low-pass filter
- LFO with tempo sync, triangle and square wave forms, and adjustable wave balance
- Fine-tuned EG with additional Hold setting
- White/pink noise generator
- Smooth portamento
- Over 100 presets
- Undo and redo
- MIDI learn
- Frequency and filter cut-off modulation
- Pulse width modulation
- Filter keyboard tracking
- Velocity sensitivity
- 10-voice polyphony
- Smart Parameter Interpolation
- Sample-accurate automation of all parameters
- Parameter value display
- Extensive help file
- Available in VST, VST3, Audio Units, AAX Native formats (all both 64-bit and 32-bit)
All FabFilter plug-ins are available in VST, VST3, Audio Units, AAX Native and AudioSuite formats (all both 64-bit and 32-bit).
- 64-bit: Windows 10, 8, 7 or Vista
- 32-bit: Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP
- VST 2/3 host or Pro Tools
Mac OS X
- OS X 10.8 or higher
- AU or VST 2/3 host or Pro Tools
- Intel processor