Over the course of 5 weeks Myagi remixed a classic track by breaks legends Splitloop, live with an online group of students, demonstrating every step in his remixing process. He took this classic tune and morphed it into a whole new beast right in front of their eyes, showcasing every step in his process along the way. This course was offered specifically for one reason: to MASSIVELY help you increase your production skills and unleash your inner track mangling monster.
Art of the Remix gives you an essential skill set, handed down by a true professional. You will be able to approach remixing as a true art form, with confidence, inspiration, all while honing your remixing approach in a way that builds your name, your presence, and your own unique sound.
Not only do you get access to watching Myagi remixing “Splitloop’s – Badman”, as an absolutely MONSTER bonus we have included all 3 previous sessions of Art of the Remix. In those previous sessions Myagi remixes:
- Vespers – Let’s Get Gangsta
- Myagi – Sun Goes Down
- Sirkus Sirkuz – Dying Star
The previous Art Of The Remix sessions total more than 30+ hours of content including TONS of techniques and tips, spread across multiple genres.
An Introduction to Art of the Remix
What You Get
- 20 in-depth 3-hour training sessions with producer, remixer and sound designer, Myagi.
- Full Open Source versions of the track, giving you access to everything under the hood for both the original and the resulting remix (packaged as Ableton Live Packs).
- Tons of exclusive sounds and patches.
- All samples used in the demonstration of sounds.
- Student discount pricing (20-60% off) on third-party software & plugins from our partners!
What You’ll Learn
After taking this course we guarantee you’ll be able to:
- Develop methods for remixing almost any song
- Find ways to make your style work with someone else’s tune
- Work with remix packs in ways that inspire you
- Isolate elements of tracks to use in your own production
- Make the ideal version of a track for your own sets
- Envision a remix project from start to finish
- A comprehensive understanding of what remixing really entails and how to go about doing it.
- Deep understanding of synthesis, drum programming, sample treatment and creating professional results.
- Week 1 – Theory, How To Approach Parts
- Week 2 – Warping And EQ’ing, Creative Treatment
- Week 3 – Building A Groove, Drum And Synth Programming
- Week 4 – Laying It All Out, Structure And Flow
- Week 5 – Adding “Pixie Dust,” Final Touches
- To see a full breakdown of the lessons and concepts from each individual week, click on the “Course Curriculum” tab at the top of this Product Page.