Introduction to Vocal Processing & Mixing
Access this course and every other Warp Academy course and live-stream as long as your membership is active!
Own it for lifeRegular price
Just get access to this course only and access it for life!
Introduction to Vocal Processing & Mixing.
Learn how to get that unmistakable, professional sound for your vocals.
How to engineer vocals has been our single most requested topic from the community here at Warp Academy. And rightly so. Mixing vocals is one of the most complex and challenging things you’ll have to face as a producer.
Vocals are unlike any other instrument or sound. They’re dynamic, unique, full of organic nuances, and saturated with emotion. When they’re done right they can be the feature element that makes a hit song that tops charts. A vocal is what makes a piece of music a “song”, and not a “track”. But there’s a reason most electronic music doesn’t feature vocals. They’re time consuming and difficult to do well.
In this live-stream, we’re going to cover the basics of how to get professional sounding vocals. These techniques work even if you’ve recorded the vocals in your home studio in a bad room, and with inexpensive, low-quality equipment (most of the vocals in my tracks were recorded this way). We’ll use stock Ableton Live effects, as well as my recommended free and paid third-party plugins. Workflow is also critical, so we’ll go into detail about what effects go in what order in your processing chain.
Discover 7 Vocal Processing & Mixing Tips.
Learn the right tools for the job and the best workflows to get breath-taking results.
What You’ll Learn
- Cleaning the audio: How to handle noise, breaths & plosives
- How to EQ vocals
- How to compress vocals
- How to de-ess vocals
- How to saturate vocals
- How to use delay & reverb on vocals
- What are the best plugins & Ableton stock effects to process vocals (and how to arrange them in your chain)
What You Get.
Vocal Processing Racks
- A vocal processing Rack using Ableton Live 10 effects
- A vocal processing Rack using recommended third-party plugins
- A replay recording you can watch for 60 days following the event
- The presentation slides as a PDF
Date & Time: Tuesday January 18th, 6:00 – 8:00 PM Pacific time / 9:00 – 11:00 PM Eastern time.
Convert to Your Local Time: http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/
Note: The live-stream will be recorded and you’ll have access to view the replay for 60 days following the event.
How it Works.
- This is a fully live-streamed session.
- On the stream there will be chat and a live Q&A period.
- Once you sign up, you’ll get access to a private page in your My Courses section of Warp Academy with all the info on how to access the stream.
- To access this page, login at Warp Academy, go to your user dashboard / My Courses area, then click on this live-stream. You’ll see all the extra info there.
- Once the live-stream is complete, you’ll get access to a recorded replay version you can watch for 60 days after to review the information.
- The recording will not be available for purchase after the stream is finished, so you need to sign up in advance.
- Note: This is not an online course with lifetime access to the videos. You’ll have access to the recording for 60 days following the stream. After that the recording is no longer available. Make sure you watch the recording within 60 days.
About Your Instructor:
Hi! I’m Vespers. My passion is helping make the complex topic of electronic music production accessible and engaging to all those who want to express their creativity through sound. My journey started with a Youtube channel where I shared free tips and tricks as video tutorials. The channel blew up and has continued to build momentum.
Building upon this early success on Youtube, I became an Ableton Certified Trainer and started making full fledged courses and production tools. That was great and all, but I wanted to amp things up so the next step was to build a collective of other all-star teachers and take things to the next level.
Assembling a team of other Ableton Certified Trainers and industry experts, I co-founded Warp Academy, one of only a few Ableton Certified Training Centers worldwide. With the help of our students and trainers, Warp Academy has risen to become one of the world’s most cutting-edge schools for electronic music production, offering online courses on topics like sound design, songwriting, remixing, performing, mixing and mastering, and beyond. I’m very proud of what we’ve created here and what our students have accomplished.
As an educator, I’ve collaborated to offer music production workshops music festivals and conferences. I’ve also had the pleasure of forging epic partnerships with industry heavyweights such as Universal Audio, Apogee, iZotope, FabFilter, XFer Serum, Sonarworks, Tannoy, and Dynaudio to review and make tutorials on their products as well as bring educational discounts to Warp students.
As a producer, I’ve released music on Adapted Records, Westwood Recordings, and Pop & Lock Records. Aside from running Warp Academy, I also work as a professional sound designer, producer for hire, ghost writer, mixing and mastering engineer.
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 2 Hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language Ableton Live 10
- Students 40
- Assessments Yes