How to Process & Mix Modern 808s
Access this course and every other Warp Academy course and live-stream as long as your membership is active!
Own it for lifeRegular price
Just get access to this course only and access it for life!
Learn to Process & Mix Modern 808s
Make Loud, Aggressive, Punchy 808s to Perfect Your Track.
Let’s face it. Not all 808s are created equal. We’ve all heard the good ones that stand out. But HOW do they stand out? What’s being done that’s different to get these 808s to slam and sound great on everything from small bluetooth speakers to huge PA festival systems?
The modern world of 808s is anything but simple. Things have come a long way from their humble beginnings in the Roland TR-808 days. New processing and mixing techniques are being used by today’s top producers. It’s time to open the door and expose what these tricks are and how you can use them in your production.
If you’ve been struggling with making professional-quality hip hop, trap, future bass or other genres where 808s are essential, you’re going to want to join up for this. In just 2 hours you’ll learn powerful new hacks, tons of inspiring workflows, and pro-tips that’ll get your 808s blazing.
Discover 7 Epic 808 Processing & Mixing Tips
Make professional-quality 808s to drive your tune.
What You’ll Learn
- 808 processing theory:
- Exactly what audio effects to use
- Recommended plugins
- The proper way to process 808s
- 808 processing workflow:
- What to do in what order
- Best practices
- How to choose the best starting samples
- How to pitch 808s & find the right key
- How to mix 808s with and without kicks
- How to make 808s aggressive
- Mild to wild processing chains
- How to get 808s to cut through your mix
- Advanced 808 processing
What You Get
Bonuses! Presets, Racks, & Templates
- 808 processing Racks for Ableton Live 10
- 808 mixing Racks for Ableton Live 10
- 808 samples
Date & Time: Thursday January 30th, 6:00 – 8:00 PM Pacific time / 9:00 – 11:00 PM Eastern time.
Convert to Your Local Time: http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/
Note: The live-stream will be recorded and you’ll have access to view it for 60 days following the event.
How it Works
- This is a fully live-streamed session.
- On the stream there will be chat and a live Q&A period.
- Once you sign up, you’ll get access to a private page in your My Library section of Warp Academy with all the info on how to access the stream.
- To access this page, login at Warp Academy, click My Library, go to My Live-Streams, then click on this live-stream. You’ll see all the extra info there.
- Once the live-stream is complete, you’ll get access to a recorded version you can watch for 60 days after to review the information.
- The recording will not be available for purchase after the stream is finished, so you need to sign up in advance. =
- Note: This is not an online course with lifetime access to the videos. You’ll have access to the recording for 60 days following the bootcamp. After that the recording is no longer available. Make sure you watch the recording within 60 days.
About Your Instructor:
Hi I’m Vespers. My passion is helping make the complex topic of electronic music production accessible and engaging to all those who want to express their creativity through sound. My journey started with a Youtube channel where I shared free tips and tricks as video tutorials. The channel blew up and has continued to build momentum.
Building upon this early success on Youtube, I became an Ableton Certified Trainer and started making full fledged courses and production tools. That was great and all, but I wanted to amp things up so the next step was to build a collective of other all-star teachers and take things to the next level.
Assembling a team of other Ableton Certified Trainers and industry experts, I co-founded Warp Academy, one of only a few Ableton Certified Training Centers worldwide. With the help of our students and trainers, Warp Academy has risen to become one of the world’s most cutting-edge schools for electronic music production, offering online courses on topics like sound design, songwriting, remixing, performing, mixing and mastering, and beyond. I’m very proud of what we’ve created here and what our students have accomplished.
As an educator, I’ve collaborated to offer music production workshops music festivals and conferences. I’ve also had the pleasure of forging epic partnerships with industry heavyweights such as Universal Audio, Apogee, iZotope, FabFilter, XFer Serum, Sonarworks, Tannoy, and Dynaudio to review and make tutorials on their products as well as bring educational discounts to Warp students.
As a producer, I’ve released music on Adapted Records, Westwood Recordings, and Pop & Lock Records. Aside from running Warp Academy, I also work as a professional sound designer, producer for hire, ghost writer, mixing and mastering engineer.
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 2 Hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language Ableton Live
- Students 87
- Assessments Yes